Thursday, July 23, 2009

Broken

I don’t write blogs for anyone other than myself, if others enjoy them, then so be it. It amazes me that someone would make comments and pass judgment on blogs that they themselves have not read. If blogs about day to day life and stories about overcoming hard times offends people, then these people should avoid reading them instead of trying to censor them. It’s also very disheartening to have my character attacked by someone I greatly respected. At first I was extremely angry about being berated for no reason, but now I just feel sorry for the person. They ruined a relationship that will never be what it was based on a subject they are ignorant about. When we die, we will not be remembered for how much money we had or how many possessions we owned, but by how we treated those around us. I try to live a virtuous life and treat people with respect and hopefully I’ll be rewarded for that. To be good and true is the first lesson we are taught….

2 comments:

  1. You're right, Mike, you are one of the nicest people I know. I could probably take some lessons from you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,

    You are so right, we live this life not only to honor ourselves but a high power, whomever that higher power might be that we believe in. Life is too short to be worrying about the superficial things because those things will mean nothing to us if we don't have anyone to share it with. I love your blogging because it comes from a place deep within you. Don't ever let anyone try to turn that light out because if they succeed, you will not be the Mike we all have come to know and love.

    Btw, I want to hear more about you and the birds and the wedding. I have to live through you since my mother believes I am never getting married. You have found a very special person and if she ends up being the only person that understands you like no other then you have the greatest gift god himself wanted you to have.

    ReplyDelete