Sunday, August 2, 2009

Birthday To Remember

Andrea’s mom (Deanna) recently celebrated a very special occasion, her 50th birthday. Between Andrea and her mom, I am busy with birthday bashes during the summer. Deanna normally likes to have some sort of celebration for her birthday, but this year was bigger and better! She hired a karaoke DJ and had them in their large shop all night. At the beginning of the party, everyone was saying they weren’t going to sing. By the end of the night, just about everyone had performed a song at some point. Andrea, her sister and her mom kicked the party off with this wonderful rendition of “These Boots Were Made for Walking”.

left to right: Cindy, Andrea and Deanna

After they performed, the flood gates of karaoke singers opened. I managed to sing (I wouldn’t call what I do singing) a few songs and had a great time. I apparently rocked the joint with my performance of “Ice Ice Baby” and my excellent dancing skills. I think there might be video of it somewhere but I’m working to suppress it! Even the kids got into the fun and sang a couple songs. I channeled my inner mullet and belted out Ratt’s “Round and Round” in my high pitched 80’s rock voice. All in all, it was a Birthday to remember!

2 comments:

  1. Now that is just not fair we have Andrea up there when with her mom and sister, singing her little heart out and her mom getting down with her bad self enjoying the moment. And then you sing a Vanilla Ice song and you want to suppress the video. I don't think so boday you better share with the rest of the class of I with have to come to ND and find that tape just so that I can get a good laugh. How can you deprive us of such a thing. LOL

    I am glad everyone had a great time at the birthday party especially the birthday lady seeing as though she was most likely the life of it. She looks good for her age and hey Andrea since she looks that good Mike now knows what you are going to look like, so he better not be complaining when you have other men chasing you down at 50. LOL Now Andrea don't take this the wrong way but you have that lovely porcelain skin and I could hardly see you in the video colors girl, colors. LOL

    I can't wait for the next update I hope it has to do with the wedding or the birds. :)

    ReplyDelete