Sunday, November 22, 2009

Wedding Update

Andrea and I have been busy little bees working out the details for our wedding. We have the locations for the ceremony and reception locked down. The ceremony will be at the church my family and I attended growing up and the reception will be at the Fargo Shrine on the El Zagel golf course. We met with the pastor once so far to go over some of the details and so that he could get to know us. He asked us if we had any siblings and we both said that we had a younger brother and sister. He looked surprised and said that usually when two eldest children date/get married, it doesn’t work out because both people are used to being in charge. I told him the reason it works for us is because sometimes, Andrea makes a suggestion and gets her way and then other times I make a suggestion and Andrea gets her way (she’s feisty for a little girl). I’ve got my four groomsmen all worked out and Andrea has her four bridesmaids worked out. Andrea and her entourage just had a second fitting for dresses and got them all finalized. An interesting tidbit that I found out is that if you register at Bed, Bath and Beyond you get free stuff for just registering certain dollar amounts of items. We registered for a bunch of stuff we don’t expect to get just for the free gifts, what a sweeeeeet deal! That’s it for now…..

1 comment:

  1. "I told him the reason it works for us is because sometimes, Andrea makes a suggestion and gets her way and then other times I make a suggestion and Andrea gets her way (she’s feisty for a little girl)."

    Lmbo on this comment alone. Andrea will be Andrea, and you just gotta let her do her thing. It's probably best, Mike, that you concede. Makes for a happier home. lol. You guys are nuts and I can't wait to see you in Fargo come June.

    And good deal on the "free stuff." Nothing like freebies!

    ReplyDelete